We are back after a long break. We have spent this time talking and consulting with tattooists and people connected with the industry. Our numerous discussions focused on tattoo contests and their rules. Competitions have always been the main point of each convention. Thanks to them we can admire tattoos of the highest quality, excellent artistry and quality.
In their new version we are making a step back for what was good: we are coming back to origin tattooing styles as separate categories. However, we are also taking a step forward by educating and creating simple and transparent criteria. We want the invited jurors to publicly justify and explain their judgements and choices. We probably don’t need to introduce these gentlemen. They have seniority, experience and they know what a good tattoo is. In the 15th edition of Tattoofest the best tattoos will be chosen by:
Robert Borbas, an experienced juror and Tomasz Tofi Torfinski and Davee Blows, debuting in this role on our scene.
GENERAL RULES OF COMPETITIONS AND QUALIFICATION OF WORKS:
– categories 1-7 will be decided separately for fresh tattoos and healed tattoos
– category 8 will be played on Sunday at the end of the day
– healed tattoos = open category, i.e. you don’t have to have a box
– fresh tattoos = created only during the festival, for box holders
– at the moment of registration to a given category you must show the tattoo or its photo for preliminary verification. The registrant has the right to refuse the entry of a given tattoo into a given or any category. In this way tattoos of too low level or not fitting to the category will be verified
– tattoos will be evaluated in terms of compliance with the style and technical level
– each tattoo can be submitted only to one category
Among all the works the most unique tattoo will be awarded.
ETHNIC TATTOO (TRIBAL, BLACKWORK, GEOMETRY, CLASSICAL JAPANESE TATTOO)
REALISTIC TATTOO OR TATTOO WITH SHADED REALISM ELEMENTS
TATTOO IN COLOUR OR WITH ELEMENTS OF REALISM
GRAPHIC TATTOO (LINEWORK, FINELINE, TRASHPOLKA, WATERCOLOR)
You can read more about each category HERE.